PS About shop portfolio

12.31.2012

here's to a new year // goals

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

In honor of the new year, I decided to choose certain areas of my life that needed refocusing, and with that, set at least one goal for each. Here's my list...

cooking // I have long wanted to become a good cook; as archaic a notion it may seem, I believe every woman should be a good cook (or at least give a valiant effort to become one). I say this mostly because my mom is such a great cook and I'd like my someday daughter to think I'm the best cook in all the land. Also the Mr enjoys eating so... I needs to learn!
>>> GOAL   learn and test out at least one new recipe a week. I'll be sure to share my adventures with you!

time management // I think we could all use a good dose of this, am I right?? When I was in school, I lived by my planner. Every hour of every day was mapped out, and as much as I sort of dreaded the idea of not being free to do as I pleased, I really miss it! Sometimes we have more freedom when we give ourselves parameters to live by.
>>> GOAL   buy a new planner and set out my week each Sunday. Actually stick to the plan!

budgeting // I'm a shopper, there, I said it! And you know what? That's okay, so long as I give myself a budget. I have a savings, but it's not nearly what it could be if I had a more strict budget. This one won't be as fun while I'm doing it, but it's one that will pay off in the end (no pun intended).
>>> GOAL   divide my paycheck each month and give myself a percentage as "play money". Put the cash in    an envelope and only allow myself to spend that much on clothes and other unnecessary things! I can    either spend it on several things, or one big thing! Also, save save save! (This one is thanks to my sweet friend Kelsey's suggestion.)

adventuring // life should be fun! I love remembering all of the fun things I've done and I can't help but think that I should be making more of those memories! This year is going to be about fun and trying new things!
>>> GOAL   do at least one thing I've never done before, each month. This could be a great way to ensure that Elisha and I get at least one quality date night a month!

maintaining a healthy lifestyle // I have been blessed with a fast metabolism, so working out and eating right was never a real concern. As I've gotten older, I've realized how I'm not as fit as I once thought I was. I've done yoga and I run on occasion, I went vegetarian over a year ago and these were all great steps toward a more healthy lifestyle, but this year I'm going all in!
>>> GOAL   Set a weekly workout routine and stick with it. Write out meals for the week and go shopping in advance - buying healthy ensures that I eat healthy, so sweets are out (womps)

reading // I recently posted about my recent reading adventures, and I fully intend on continuing! I'm also totally loving all of the suggestions I've been getting! 
>>> GOAL   Read at least ten books this year!

creativity // This is always an area I want to grow in. Having a blog and owning a shop, it's easy to kind of get in a creative rut, so growing is a must! 
>>> GOAL   buy a new notebook, decorate it, start dreaming. Fill at least three whole notebooks with ideas, dreams, & goals by the end of the year!


I think these are simple enough, but create enough of a challenge that I won't get bored with them. I love giving myself goals because it really motivates me to do and be more than I thought I could. Have any of you set out some goals for the new year? I'd love to hear some of them; leave a link below and we can check them out!

Here's to a Happy New Year!

xo. melisa

6 comments:

  1. These are all great goals - alot of them are on my list too!! Happy New Year to you!

    ps. I love your new blog look. Adorable :)

    xx Ashleigh
    www.ashflynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to narrow down!

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely list! I always make goals for the new year and somehow they trail off a few weeks in. But again, I am determined to make it happen this year! Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such geat goals!! :) I love them all.
    And I've been a terrible blog friend and haven't been over since you changed your design. I looooooove it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, no worries, it only happened this past week. Thank you!!

      Delete