PS About shop portfolio

12.16.2012

12 Days of DIY // hand stamped gift bag

Wrapping gifts is always fun! I love wrapping paper, but sometimes things fit more nicely in a bag. I didn't want my bag to have a silly Santa on it, or leave a trail of glitter all over the house, so I opted for a super easy stamped gift bag!

SUPPLIES //
   craft paper gift bags
   foam sheet
   stamp pad / paint
   scissors
   hot glue
   wooden blocks (optional)

1) Start by cutting out the shapes you'd like your stamps to be. I went with pretty basic shapes like triangles and circles. 2) Once you've cut your shapes, hot glue wooden blocks to the backs of them. This will allow you to be able to stamp and pull up more easily. This step is not necessary, but it makes it so much easier! 3) Use a stamp pad or paint and then get to stamping! 

I just love how simple and fun these are. I will note that the paint was a bit more trickier to use than the stamp pads. You can see in the photo above, the difference; I used white paint and a black stamp pad.







Over these next few days I'll be sharing more ideas on what you can do with these stamps! (like those gift tags you see in the photo above!)


xo. melisa

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous16.12.12

    Cute idea! I like it!!

    -Sabrina
    http://thelittleowlshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! that's my present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand made gift bags create a special impression on the gift receiver. Almost every person gets excited when he receives a gift and if the gift bag is hand made, it is like icing on cake.

    The Loot Lady

    ReplyDelete