PS About shop portfolio

11.14.2011

5 tips on Being More Optimistic


As some of you may know, I have a sister. She is by far one of the most upbeat and optimistic people I know. She has her own blog called Oh Happy Day, which is highly appropriate to her personality. Sometimes I struggle with being peppy and outgoing, as for the most part I tend to be a bit more introverted, so I thought I'd ask Adrienne to share a few tips on how to more optimistic^_^ 


1. Smile // Try being negative with a smile on. I bet you can't do it and look like you mean it. Every time I get frustrated, I smile. Though the "problem" might still be there, it's way easier to handle with a smile on. 

2. Breathe //  Yup, it's as simple as that. Deep breathing. I'm sure you've heard it before, but not only does it help you relax, relieve headaches, and strengthen abdominal muscles, it also helps clear and focus the mind. All the ingredients for a good time.

3. Thanksgiving // It's not just a holiday in November. Take time to think about the things you are thankful for on a daily basis--everything from your loved ones, to eating tasty food, to waking up without an alarm. Life is truly good when you think about it.

4. Dwelling // Just don't do it! The longer you dwell on a problem, the harder it will be to get over it. Give yourself time to mope about it, but then move on. I try to use the 10 percent rule in this situation. For example, if I got yelled at by a customer for 10 minutes because she was having a bad day and wanted to take it out on someone, I would spend 1 minute frustrated about the situation, maybe tell a co-worker or two, but them move on with my day.

5. The Bright Side // Trust me, there is a bright side to every situation. And usually, the bright side out weighs the dark side.  Say you're stuck in traffic...at least you can listen to your favorite band while you wait. Say your car a/c breaks...at least you can roll with the windows down and feel a lovely breeze on your face. Say you stepped in dog poop barefoot...at least you have a hilarious story to share that will crack anyone up. 

Love and light.
Adrienne

7 comments:

  1. i think everyone should bookmark this post for those days when you aren't feelin' so hot. great post, girl.

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Thanks for the tips; I am bookmarking this for a rainy day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice for anyone and everyone to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. needed this after this weekend! Thanks for the encouraging tips pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tips are adorable. And I love that you have a sister who is blogging right along with you! How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous14.11.11

    This is great! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I'm new to your blog, but I love this! Optimism isn't always easy especially when hard times pop up out of nowhere! BUT it's essential to get better! LOVE this and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete